Happy New Year! 2018. Holy shit.
So, in preparation for this post I read some old ‘happy new year’ posts. You can check them out here, should you feel so inclined.
2014: I guess I missed 2014?
And good lord I was an unhappy person. I can look back and remember everything I was going through and putting up with and just wow. I am so done with all that shit. I just decided. Like, just now, reading all of that back. I’ve been there and done that and am currently getting the divorce. I am not dealing with drama or nonsense or crazy ever again, because I am worth too much to deal with it. Not even for love, cuz I’m here to tell you that love is NEVER enough. Ever. Love isn’t going to do anything for anyone except cloud your judgement and get you into situations you should’ve never been in in the first place. I am 38 years old, single for the first time since I was 22 and you bet your ass I’m about to enjoy my life. I am about to finish some books and go out with friends and chill over at my mom’s house to watch all 13 episodes of Outlander since I had to turn off all the premium channels. If someone wants to be in my life, they will figure it the fuck out. They will wait. They will chase. They will try. And if they don’t, whatever. I have my shit together and am fairly easy on the eyes. I think I’ll be all right. You can call 2018 the year of my happy – and happy, just so you know, is an inside job.
My New Year’s post wouldn’t be complete without some life advice so here you go:
- If it’s too good to be true, it’s not true. Period the end.
- Hard times will show you who really cares about you. Cherish those people.
- If you’ve tried everything you can try, it’s time to walk away. Don’t waist another second of your life on something that’s only causing you pain.
- Everyone is fighting their own battel. Have courage and be kind. Every day.
And my life’s motto:
- It is never too late to become what you might have been